Admit it. If you are a fan of Ford’s latest Ranger, you are a little jealous of the Ranger Raptor offered outside the United States. You still can’t get one here, but soon you can upgrade your stateside Ranger pickup with a new trio of Ford Performance packages that enhance its off-road capabilities.
“Our goal is to inspire customers by giving them capabilities and styling options from the aftermarket brands they love,” Eric Cin, global director, Ford Vehicle Personalization, explained. “The three new Ford Performance Packs empower our adventure-loving Ranger customers to explore even further with even more freedom with the added off-roading capability right from the dealership.”
To meet that goal Ford now offers these dealer-installed packages for 2019 and 2020 trucks that include three levels of hardware, software and graphics.
Ford Performance Level 1 Package:
- Off-Road leveling kit
- Fox “Tuned by Ford Performance” 2.0 Performance Series internal floating piston monotube front and rear shocks tuned by Ford Performance Engineers to optimize on and off-road performance
- Ford Performance 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels o Ford Performance bedside graphics
- Ford Performance windshield banner
- $2,495 MSRP before installation
Ford Performance Level 2 Package – Includes the Level 1 package, plus the following upgrades:
- Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases horsepower by 16 percent to 315 at 4,500 rpm and increases torque by nearly 20 percent to 370 lb.-ft. at 2,500 rpm
- BFGoodrich KO2 265/70R17 tires
- Rigid off-road fog light kit
- Ford Performance calibration
- Blue tow hooks
- Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame
- $4,495 MSRP before installation
Ford Performance Level 3 Package – Includes the Level 1 and 2 Packages plus the following upgrades:
- Rigid 40-inch LED lightbar kit
- Red tow hooks
- Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper
- Ford Performance chase rack
- 2.3-liter Ford Performance sport exhaust
- $8,995 MSRP before installation Ford Performance Level 1 and Level 2 packages for Ranger pickups are available for order in August. The Ford Performance Level 3 package will be available for order next summer.
“The success we’ve seen with Ranger’s personalization is a combination of customer and dealer enthusiasm for Ford-backed accessory options,” Cin added. “Our truck customers don’t need to drive their all-new vehicle off the lot over to an aftermarket outfitter, we are creating a smoother, more integrated experience right here with your Ford Dealership.”
For more on these packages, you can visit your local dealer or the Ford Performance website here.
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company