At the heart of every off-road rig is the engine and regardless of what type of vehicle it is, it gives the driver the ability to conquer the terrain in front of them. Chevrolet Performance just announced the release of the all-new LS427/570 crate engine. The LS427/570 is an enhanced version of the production-based LS7 7.0-liter engine that offers more horsepower, more torque and, thanks to a simpler wet-sump oiling system and easier installation.
A new, high-lift camshaft developed specifically for this engine helps produce a GM-estimated 570 horsepower and 540 lb-ft of torque which equats to increases of 65 horsepower and 70 lb-ft over the regular-production engine. The new wet-sump oiling system eliminates the need for the installer to incorporate a separate oil tank, oil lines, and other ancillary components to support the production LS7’s dry-sump system.
“The all-new LS427/570 builds on the legendary, racing-bred performance of the LS7 to create the most powerful naturally-aspirated LS crate engine in our portfolio,” said Jessica Earl, GM specialist marketing group manager.
Compared to the production LS7 crate engine assembly, the LS427/570 features an F-body aluminum oil pan and a specific wet-sump oil pump. Additional engine highlights include a unique high-lift hydraulic roller camshaft with 0.591-inch intake/0.590-inch exhaust lift, 227-degree intake/242-degree exhaust duration, and a lobe separation angle of 116 degrees.
The LS427/570 also features a unique high-rate valve springs, Camaro fifth-generation Z/28 exhaust manifolds, low-profile LS7 EFI intake manifold with fuel rails, injectors and throttle body installed, LS7 rotating assembly featuring a forged steel crankshaft and titanium connecting rods, CNC-ported cylinder heads featuring 2.20-inch titanium intake valves and 1.61-inch sodium-filled exhaust valves, and fourteen-inch Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission flywheel.
Chevrolet Performance recommends Mobil 1 15W50 fully synthetic motor oil to be used with the engine. They also state that the LS427/570 must be used with the LS427/570 Engine Controller that is sold separately (PN 19420000).
Tech Specs Of The LS427/570:
- Part Number: 19420191
- Engine Type: LS-Series Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu. in.): 427 (7.0L)
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.125 x 4.000 (101.6 x 92 mm)
- Block (P/N 12602689): Cast aluminum block with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 12611649): Forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 12661677): Forged titanium
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 19419859): Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift (in.): .591 intake/.590 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 227º intake/242º exhaust
- Camshaft Lobe Separation Angle: 116º
- Cylinder Heads: CNC-ported LS7-style ports with 70 cc combustion chambers
- Valve Size (in.): 2.200 titanium intake, 1.610 sodium-filled exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller-bearing trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.8:1 (offset intake)
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 7000 rpm
- Balanced: Internal
For more information on Chevrolet Performance or to find the right engine for your build, be sure to check out their website.